Regarding Final Cut Pro X
Published on June 23, 2011
I've been studying Final Cut Pro X for the past 48 hours, and I think it's really, really good.
There are some obvious things missing in this first release for sure (just like many people online are saying), but my guess is Apple will have solutions soon.
Is it a good idea to purchase Final Cut Pro X?
I think so. For me, it will easily replace Final Cut Pro 7 (and Final Cut Express).
After using it constantly for the past couple days, here are some of my favorite things about it:
- The built-in color grading options are amazing. Better than Color in many ways, and definitely easier to use.
- Adding keywords to clips is a huge organizational benefit.
- Auditioning lets you try out different clips in a video before committing to one of them.
- Editing is faster and easier.
- The magnetic timeline rocks. You have to use it to see what I mean. It makes moving clips around super simple.
- Background rendering is a huge time-saver.
- It's easier than ever to create Ken Burns effects in Final Cut Pro.
- Media Management is easier to understand and do.
Even though it's easy to get started, there's lots of really powerful stuff you can do if you dig deep into the software.
Now regarding the question I've been receiving via email over and over: Am I going to create video tutorials for Final Cut Pro X?
Yes, and I'll get them to you ASAP. When? I don't know. But I'm working on it around the clock right now...
Stay tuned. More to come shortly! :)
All the best,
No comments yet.
Want to add a comment?
You need to log in to add a comment.